PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 04:54
MidgetBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A better name for this poster would be " Midget I.Q. "
More like I'm thinking of this for the sake of the economy.
Our working force is aging quite rapidly, like Japan. By the time I hit 60, my tax dollars will be supporting 7 dependents. Not logical.
And you know what? As much as I love money, like I said on the first page of this thread, I will hand in my license when I hit 60; been there done that, no need to fly til I die, at least not jets.
Sometimes when people die, their friends say "at least they died doing what they love". You don't die in a plane crash. That isn't the way for a pilot to go, ever.

I was at Pitt Meadows when a ~70 yr old crashed his multi, and instead of TC taking away his license, just gave it back to him, and he ended up in a building in Richmond.
TC saved their ass by saying that first crash was due to a 'landing gear malfunction' which of course I knew was bull**** because the only reason why his landing gear malfunctioned was because it wasn't there since he clipped the fence.
They didn't want to be blamed because they gave someone his license back when his skill level was lacking. Every pilot slips, more so as they age.

If pilots don't retire when they're 60, newbies will be stuck with no where to climb for a good 10 extra years, and when we finally run out of money to support the dependents of our country, we'll collapse. Sending stubborn people to the sun is perfectly fine, saves our economy, saves our future, fixes our already messed up aviation industry. Now, unless you see pilot pay increasing substantially in the next few years where waiting an extra 10 years for a promotion won't affect their overall pay and increase of inflation over those years, then sure, let these 60 yr olds fly til they're 200. But you and I both know the pay isn't going to ever be what the current 50+ yr old pilots are making.