PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who do you want as a Bargaining Representative?
Old 25th Jul 2010, 00:33
Free Flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who do you want as a Bargaining Representative?

Now that the management have finally agreed that they have to negotiate an EBA for those of us based in Australia, we all have to give some thought to how our best interests are to be protected.
At the moment, we have an arrogant and secretive sub committee of the HKAOA purporting to represent us. Blatantly, they then come out with a position that only their negotiating appointees should be at the table. So, we have a position whereby ALL negotiators are members of the HKAOA - including 2 HKAOA employees.
Given that the HKAOA is not allowed under Australian legislation to have any influence or control over the AOAAustralia, how are they (and we) to be assured that the priorities of the HKG based pilots will not be put before the best interests of the Australian tax paying officers?

Whilst it will become very obvious that we have to have strong ties and similar objectives with the HKAOA, having HKAOA only negotiators seems like a recipe for disaster, as far as I can see.

I would like to see some independent officers sitting at the negotiating table.

Whilst on the topic of the transfer of authority for my representative organisation, how will the HKAOA transfer the accrued capital (assets) that I have been paying for so long to the AOAAustralia?
If the HKAOA is allowed to starve AOAAustralia because it disagrees with the legal action it might be taking against the company (or the HKAOA) we cannot be truly independent.

The silence is deafening - the meetings are not even advertised and no meetings are held in our own country?

I know that the sub-committee live in my home base but I've never been informed of an open meeting!

More comms, more independence, more leadership.