PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 00:10
teddyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC bull****

Heard on the radio in Spain. ATC -"Maintain assigned level". Pilot -"Request further climb". -"Negative you are filed on that level why don`t you file a higher level on your flightplan. You should know better" Pilot -"Request any directs" Spanish ATC" Neagtive. Due to AENA directives STD routing"
Who cares about enviroment?

Heard on the radio in Germany "Cleared direct to Olben" This was from far away from the Swiss border going south so the German ATC can give direts. The Spanish Not?

Heard on Swedish ATC. Pilot "Request further climb". ATC "What level do you want?" Pilot "FL 410". Swedsih ATC directly says "Climb FL 410"

Thanks to all controllers in Europe who understand the symbiosis between ATC and Pilots! Spanish controllers excluded.

Heard on the radio in Spain. (Not in BCN or MAD, where they speak Spanish all the time. Except to foreign A/C. So all this BS about not needing to knoe the information falls) "Since your slot is at 15.35 and the time now is 15.28 you have missed your slot and you can not push" Puzzled pilot answers " Do we not have a 10 min window after the CTOT?" Spanish ATC answers (in a very superior voice) "You do not know the rules and you should know better, contact your company for a new slot"
Pilot says "I am sure we can make it within the window" ATC "No it is up to me to decide" Even more puzzled pilot asks humbly "Maybe you can help me?" Spanish ATC " No it is not my job! Cotact your company"

Heard on the radio in England. "Request push and start" this was 15 min before CTOT "You are cleared to push and start" Guess what? There was no sequencing, only one A/C at the airport (the one taking off) and they got airborne 5 min before their CTOT. For all you non ATC/Pilots I tell you that for 30 years this has always been the case and the rules have not changed.

To all pilots I just say. Take it easy, do not get angry. Remember, the first persons to the accident site are the pilots. Do not take the anger with you on flightdeck. When the controllers get upset they take an extra coffee and take their rest. Play the game.

This is the reality in Spain at the moment. Very sad.....

To all controllers in Spain I just say. The rules do not prohibit you from letting a/c go 5 min early or 10 min late. Maybe it is all the controllers in Europe that are wrong and you are the only ones who know the rules.

Good luck out there and be positive