PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flight School To Choose From (USA)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 16:01
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't mention that possibility of sorting OPT after M1 as you already left US and no idea if it could be added, say, you stay another 3-6 months, that'd give you only couple months max, IF, it's possible to count past M1 visa, I didn't study it that much.
The fact is, you'd have to sort it before the visa expiry, in the US, and the possible time isn't really worth the hassle, cost and won't serve the objective.

The OPT during/after F1, is after at least 1 academic year of study, when you could work FT (and during vacations), else PT.
I wouldn't bother with any of this, for fixed wing flying.

See Magic's comment above. Delta is expensive. Just like Embry-Riddle. That doesn't mean that they don't get business in. Just maybe not more cost-conscious people with not so deep pockets and looking for 'brand' with high hopes.

Anyway, why couldn't you have done some CFI ground when nearing your CPL/IR end? part 61.183 and 185 are fairly clear. Not so formal 'FI module' like in Europe or elsewhere. Or did you school expect you to do finish CPL and only then do anything about CFI? That'd be raking in money from the flight time..
I know, too late..

Last edited by MartinCh; 24th Jul 2010 at 21:08.