PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Man Ultra Long Range
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 11:30
SQC7991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F10 I thought you were just a bit dim but you're obviously just a troll stirring the pot for the fun of it. Nothing that has been said on this thread changes what I and several others pointed out earlier on. The variation is not needed for a particular sector but for any crew proceeding around the world when that crew eventually crosses 12 time zones in the same duty cycle. You do not need three crew to operate a single 7 hour sector regardless of how many time zones you cross. Nobody has said you can operate HKG-CTS-ANC - I pointed out that the FDP allowed was not long enough - you sarcastically suggested I was using a Turboprop disregarding the fact that the sectors could not be flown legally. Nobody would ever use discretion in a situation like so I'm very surprised you even mentioned it.

If the flight is long enough to require 3 or more crew and crosses more than six time zones it is defined as ULR.

If it crosses more than six time zones but isn't long enough to require three or more crew it isn’t.
If you need to check the legality of the rostered duty you check in Para 15 and if it requires a third crew member you can check Para 12 and Para 13 but if it needs 3 or more crew and crosses 6 time zones you look in Para 16 – easy right!

That's what it says and no amount of wishful thinking, re-interpretation of what was originally meant or bull**** such as you spout is going to change that. They may well amend the document and change one or two things such as moving 16.1 into a paragraph of its own as it applies to a single duty pattern not a particular sector which is why someone posting earlier got confused. Is 16.1 actually required anyway? Once you’ve passed 12 time zones you’re now on the way back to where you started from – so does it really matter if you proceed in the same direction or turn around and go back the way you came - any thoughts?

Incidentally this is not about supporting/not supporting management as some suggest but just pointing out the obvious to some who refuse to see it.

Last edited by SQC7991; 24th Jul 2010 at 11:47. Reason: Add final sentence