PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 10:54
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aviator1988

I want to ask you about the 1 stage of CX. Could you give me some advice for the reasoning test, (Numerical, verbal,....) Does it consist both or several subjects??
Hey there!

As you may or may not know, Stage 1 isn't quite the same for everyone, depending on where you do it. Stage 1 in HKG is quite different from Stage 1 done elsewhere, so unless you are doing your Stage 1 in HKG, I don't think I can give you much assistance. I did all my selections in HKG.

If you are doing Stage 1 in HKG, it is divided into two seperate stages - 1A and 1B. 1A is where all the tests are done. If my memory serves me right, and if things have not changed since I last did it 2 years ago, you do some computer-based tests, some IQ tests, some English tests, and make a brief presentation on the training aspects of the CX cadetship. IMO just doing preparation for the presentation is enough; the other tasks are easy enough as it is. Just keep cool and have a good night's rest beforehand, and you should be fine.

1B is an interview with a member of HR and a pilot. See one of my previous posts for samples of questions. The interview is not hard and I guess it is for them to get to know you first, before grilling you in Stage 2 and 3.

Before you do the interview (on the same day), there is a Job Knowledge Test you do, which is based on a booklet that Cathay sends you in an e-mail before you head in for 1B. It is quite easy, but you will need to do a bit of extra reading as some of the questions inside require a bit of extra knowledge to answer.