PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Jul 2010, 10:51
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to draw a line under the Pier Walker discussion. Many people knew Pier at Gatwick a long time ago. She certainly wasn't a nasty or bad person, but I'm very surprised she stayed flying as long as she did. I hope she finds some work soon.

Going back a bit to Ava Hannah's comments. Most of us chose to resign and not to strike because BASSA lied to us, Ava. They called strike dates and didn't tell us about the new proposal until it was too late. It was their DUTY and JOB to keep us informed and make GOOD decisions. They failed spectacularly on all counts.

But this is very old news. My CSD yesterday, who went on strike in the first wave bitterly regrets it because of the underhandedness of BASSA on that issue. He would like to have considered that proposal but wasn't given the chance. He will be working next time around. He wants to accept this proposal, and is resigning his union membership so that he may have a chance to do so. I hope he does. Rumours were flying around the aircraft about New Fleet being introduced and flying 80% of services within 18 months to recoup the costs of the strikes. All "off the record, speaking to you as a friend" from people's managers. Not a lot we can do about it even if it's true. I've sent back my acceptance of the offer, but I don't take any comfort from it. We have a 2 year guarantee after which, if these rumours have any credence, I may be on a starters salary after working for 23 years for the same company. Does this happen in other companies? I'm genuinely interested to hear if anyone knows if this has happened anywhere else.

Last edited by Bridchen; 24th Jul 2010 at 23:18. Reason: spelling