PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humberside Issues, from Bad to Worse!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 06:50
Sliding Doors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humberside Issues, from Bad to Worse!

Speaking to a friend last night, it would appear that the BP contract won by Bristow Helicopters, at Humberside, now generates more problems for the pilots. Only last week they were all told that 29 pilots would be accepted under the ensuing TUPE agreement, meaning minimal, if any job losses. Happy pilots and engineers all around! Yesterday, according to a Balpa Statement, Bristows intend to make most of the pilots redundant as soon as they transfer across, retaining only 6 pilots. Also they stipulate that the pilots must be type rated, and line checked, ready to go from the contract start date. How is that supposed to happen when CHC won't release any pilots for training. To date, I don't believe anyone has gone through any type difference training. Let's hope the unfortunate Pilots at Humberside can continue to fly safe whilst this threat of redundancy now looms large. With only 5 weeks to go, I bet there are some very worried pilots flying offshore, and the passengers should be made aware of the increased stress now present. A very unfair situation to be in.
Very nice of Bristows I must add.....not!