PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 03:33
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Seriously?

Superjet I'll pick this one up!
My question is, to anyone brave enough to pick this one up, is, I have applied for a job out there, VP Flight Ops. Considering what they require for the role, its right up my street. I am not unused to adverse cultures and the whole "Managers/Owners at the top trickle out the money on pain of death only" mentality - again, Russian clients taught me that well!
Do Arik pay ok?
No Arik pay is very poor.

Is it really like living in a prison out there?
Yes it is like living in a prison only slightly less comfortable and the food isn't as good or regular.

How corrupt is it?
It is as corrupt as it is possible to be and still trade. In fact if you look up corruption in the dictionary it says "You are welcome to Nigeria and the Centre of Excellence!"

Essentially, if I was offered the position, is it workable?
Yes if you really have done something bad and feel the need to pay penance then come work here otherwise go get a psych eval!! You come here if you cannot work elsewhere in the world full stop.

Do they pay in local currency, and is it better (or even possible) to be paid in EUR or GBP or somesuch?
Both 90% bank of you choice anywhere in the world in US dollars 10% local. Frequency read the thread.

To be frank if you are employed somewhere and leave that job to come here then you deserve everything you get on arrival. And trust us you will get it!

I hope to be gone before you arrive so good luck !VT