PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie MRH-90
Thread: Aussie MRH-90
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 22:41
Bushranger 71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi ARH Tiger, SnapperKharn; re posts #110, 149, 150.

Great to know that somebody is realising that Tiger will not adequately replace Kiowa functions; neither will it suffice as a Bushranger gunship replacement for intimate close air support with envisaged weapon fits – see 'Tiger troubles' thread, my post #18.

I am not across the AAvn project you refer to SK. Coincidentally, 'Kenny' was a FAC callsign in Vietnam.

As some have said; this thread has become a bit omnibus and I will later post an interesting table re Conceptual Huey II Gunship capabilities on the 'Tiger troubles' thread so comparisons might be made with Tiger. They would of course have differing capabilities in some respects.

I will also prepare a couple of new threads for the Aviation History & Nostalgia forum covering key aspects of Bushranger gunship development and procedures for trooping operations as conducted by 9SQN RAAF in Vietnam. These are intended more as abbreviated historical records, but should be useful references for debate in other forums and threads. Quite a bit of imagery involved so they will take a while to emerge.