PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shameful discrimination against military personnel
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 21:42
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just think this sort of discrimination against our armed forces is unacceptable and want to show my support and try and stop it.
Oh please get over yourself. I almost yearn for the good old days when establishments practically put signs at the door saying 'no squaddies' and you were sure of being battered if there was a whiff of forces about you. We have one side of a rubbish story from the 'concerned father' of an SAC who joined this site to post about a non-story on the doorstep of a random pub. Nobody has a right to be served and anyone can be turned away for no given reason. Perhaps the pub has had bother with forces personnel? Perhaps you might take your questions to the bar in question - see whether the licensee has an answer for you? I'm serving. I don't care that some crappy bar turns people away for their own reasons. We're not all heroes because of our job like some believe - heroes are born from circumstance and actions, not because they have a card in their wallet.