PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shameful discrimination against military personnel
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 20:58
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh but I do care. In fact having worn the blue uniform until relatively recent times I have a vested interest in the welfare of our people. I too have had a run-in with a local establishment where a large group of us from the RAF station were told by a member of the pub staff "We're not supposed to serve you lot here".

Let me tell you that nothing gave us greater pleasure than never going back there and ensuring that the entire officer and aircrew corps of a major flying station embargoed the place until they went bust and the management changed. What I did learn from the experience was that it's not worth wasting too many heartbeats over.

He has two options: Forget about it, go back, and have good nights out there in the future; or never go back, make sure as many friends and colleagues do the same and take some pleasure in damaging their profit margins.

Either way, don't make a drama out of what is really not a very important issue in the big scheme of things - it's not worth the emotional energy - especially Yates' which is still a s--thole dive.