PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 17:54
tropicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZAZOO

You say,
"Well Me I am here in Nigeria and also in the thick of it all and guess what I am still waitting to be robbed or kidnapped and likewise with the rest of my colleagues here",

but that's also not a very balanced view is it - because several of your fellow Nigerian aviators, either in Bristow or ACN have been hijacked, and robbed. Certainly one Nigerian pilot was murdered in his house in Ikeja GRA recently. Probably about an equal number of Nigerian and non-Nigerian pilots have been hijacked and a lot more Nigerian pilots than non-Nigerian pilots have been robbed and murdered. I have worked in Nigeria on and off for more than 25 years and I love the place and most of the people! But I also am very aware of the dangers of being there. Several of my friends (both aviators and non-aviators) have been hijacked and murdered in the last few years. However, I know the risks and am prepared to put up with them because most of the flying there is enjoyable and the majority of the people are friendly, outgoing and hospitable.

Airtoday

Your quote about learning the language and being Nigerian is both unecessary and offensive (and quite probably racist). Many of the contributors to this forum do not have English as their first language and even if they do, there is no spell-checker here and most of us are pretty awful typists. It's not a grammatical forum but a place for people to contribute their views on things rotary, so as long as the post is understandable what the heck does it matter? Could you write a decent posting here in Igbo?
I suspect you are one of those people who are constantly moaning about Nigeria, being nice to your colleagues' faces but saying unpleasant things behind their backs. If you don't like it then why don't you leave? After all if you think it's the **sehole of the world and you chose to stay there maybe it means you are a t**d!!