PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employed as a sole contractor earning well below award, my rights and what i can do??
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:35
Sir HC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grow a pair and man up. If you don't like it, move on. Operators want experienced guys who won't bend machines, you want hours and money, surely you can come to a compromise. Ask your boss for a raise, outlining your strengths, if he thinks you are worth it, he'll pay you more, if not he'll let you go. I hate the thought that you can just pay your $70k, put six months in and go and earn big dollars. Doctors, lawyers, crane drivers, builders and LAME's have to put the hard yards in for (up to four) years before they see their returns. What makes some pilots think they are entitled to an equivalent wage within 2 years of being in the industry. Spoilt pr!cks comes to mind.

To all of you up there flying hard, learning lots (including realising how much you don't know) and enjoying it. Good work, you will look back on it as some of the most enjoyable times in your life and move forward before you know it.

To the whingers, it's a free economy. Your boss doesn't get contracts, own machines, pay insurance and employ staff to build a business by operating on an unfesable budget. If you want to make the big bucks, you have to work hard son.

Out.