PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 16:03
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have done a lot of interviews over the past few years and on no occassion did the company call me up or email me to say i didnt progress to the next stage at the same of or before offering it to successful canditates. that is just the way it goes, it is not unprofessinal of tc at all, you might learn to realise this after you have applied for a few other things in the future.
if all you want to do is come on here and complain it doesnt show much character and get up in you.
Have to disagree with this part of your post ace of spades.

Like you, I have applied for many jobs and sponsorships and ALL have replied back to let me know whether I have been successful or not, so I can't really accept the argument 'that's just how it goes' .... if this is true, then it's the first time I haven't heard back from a company regarding the status of my application.

If TCX never intended to reply to those that didn't get through to Stage 3, the least they could have done is add a disclaimer such as 'if you don't hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.'

Having said that, I agree with the rest of your post. We shall all move on and make it happen!