PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bringing home the crew of KL654.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 15:38
family1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long ago

I am all with you on the fact that the relatives where not informed of the crash site and that it is despicable. It seems that others are taking the outcome out of the familys hands. Is it not best after so many years that the remains should NOT be DNA identified. They where all on the plane, they all died, some remains may not been present due to circumstances on board the aircraft then what happens? That family doesn't see thier boy rest in peace. Lay them to rest together in a suitable military site. It is nice to know what happened but maybe making it a heritage site would have been suitable. It really is in the middle of a vast jungle. But it was too late to ask the familys what they wanted once the site had been disturbed.

Also some complete idiot has written an article about what was being said on the aircraft before it crashed. I found it on line..bang out of order, nobody new and the writer did not know the men on board so it is poor taste and very distressing to read when it is totally fabricated.
Perhaps the MOD will learn from their errors and deal with things in a more streamlined way from now on..we shouldn't NEED to have these men home after 60 plus years but we do need them laid to rest and left in peace in a suitable militery fashion. Just my view.