PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 15:19
Mocamps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teesider,

From what I could see when travelling on previous strike days to/from Newcastle, they kept the early and late flights and it was the middle ones that suffered. As soon as the schedule was announced, you could swap onto the flights that were planned to operate without penalty. And in my experience, those flights operated perfectly (better than usual actually!!) If you really wanted to play safe, you could swap to the day before and nightstop perhaps?
Though from what I understand, WW says that there will be even more shorthaul flights if they are mad enough to strike again. Are they?? Who knows?? I cannot understand their thinking at all!! I would really take heart from the fact that there now seems to be only the 'duty' BASSA poster on the other forum whereas in the early days there were some who were more obviously just cabin crew who did not know which way to turn. I think most of those have decided and have turned away from BASSA judging by the lack of BASSA sympathisers expressing views now.
Good luck! And try not to worry about it. I'm also going on holiday in September and am still planning to fly BA because I don't want to let these few wreck the lives of so many!! I have great admiration for the VCC who have stepped in and kept the company going.: