PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for A&P's / IA's
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 12:54
NazgulAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nutloose -- thanks for the CAP number. If I add the ATA category to this and also keep an electronic log, it can be sorted into categories for easy reference and presented in that way as well.
I've studied the FAA data in detail already. The process is pretty clear and it looks as if realistically it's going to take some 5 years for me to get to the interview stage given that the effort is not a full-time occupation and I am dependent on the goodwill of my mentors. It's certainly doable though.

piggybank -- yes, I figured that cross-verification is a requirement, just like the way a pilot logbook entry must be verifyable in ATC logs and aircraft logbooks. This is no problem as all the supervised work done has been officially recorded and signed.
The unsupervised LAMS stuff is different, though, in that the only logged entry is the aircraft logbook and no A&P signoff has been required.

Thanks guys (edit: or girls), you've been a real help in getting me to rise off my butt and take a wobbly first step.