PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jet airways
Thread: jet airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 11:17
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Jimmy Gill,
Okay buddy you win (if thats what you want)!!
You are taking it in wrong sense, I understand that you and many others, ought have received a call for the written for 9W recruitment. And I am really sorry for those who couldn't make it to the list. Hard times, hard luck. But hard times ought not thrust ourselves into non-rational thinking or mis-use of standard English.

The point in of the matter is that there was no point of time at which 9W was an Equal Opportunity Employer. It may have of course seemed to be like one 3-4 years back, when Indian CPL holders were hard to find, and they will offer job to anyone who was close to getting a Indian CPL. But that had nothing to do with 9W's efforts at being an Equal Opportunity Employer.

So in this light what has happened ought not come as shocker to anyone, not at least to someone who claims to be following 9W recruitment for quiet some time.

End of the arguement.Btw is it really necessary to highlight the sentences? Its my post so I know what I've written and others have read it as well so all are aware of it (and you are already quoting it in your post for those who didnt read it,whats the point highlighting?).You obviously will have perfectly suitable explanation to it which my small pea sized brain will fail to understand!! Is it really really necessary to take someone on mate?

Where you see an argument I see an exchange of ideas. If any conversation must have more value than just passing information, than that value is possible enrichment of ideas under consideration. And participating individuals have an obligation to correct each other. I am not taking on you, I am taking on what you are writing.

Emirates,Qatar,BA,AA airlines all claim to be equal opportunity employers still they have age restrictions.The ad that you pasted in your post has been floated by jet air after the Indian aviation industry has faced its worst ever turmoil.
I don't know about Emirates and Qatar, but BA and AA cannot publish an ad for Unmarried Flight Attendants of Less than a certain age without getting into trouble with local courts. The discrimination against the institution of marriage is blatant. For that matter if 9W cannot publish such and ad in US/UK. Mid East is more a desert of egalitarian ethos than a geographical one, I am surprised you mentioned those airlines while talking about Equal Opportunity Employers.

And thats what my point is Jet is not what it used to be say 3,4,5 years ago.Any how I shall refrain my self from posting my views in this thread any more.Wishing all the luck to those who have been invited to attend Jet Air Recruitment process.
And my point is you are trying to create a nostalgic image of 9W being a Neverland in recent past when the case is that it was always like this.

Nobody is refraining you from posting your ideas, but if you say that Earth is flat, be ready for some really credible explanation for that.

May the deserving candidates make it to the right seat !! Happy landings to all.Over and out
Quiet a few of deserving candidates have not been called for the interview alone, how will prayers help.