PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA flies back into profit
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 16:44
Jet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notso

For years pilots have watched other 'favoured' groups in BA receive special treatment
Exactly who are the these other people in BA who have got much better treatment than the pilots - As a member of the groundstaff of BA who works mainly with other airlines I can assure you that BA flight crew are some of the most pampered people I have ever come across. There are very few companies that supply limo's, nights in hotels if you have an early flight, excessively long stopovers, etc. etc

I think that you would be better off trying to ensure the survival of the company by cutting out some of the spanish practises rather than slagging off other hard working members of staff who are paid considerably less than you.

I do not begrudge any pilot in BA his money - but if there is money in the company available for pay-rises it should be shared amongst all the staff.

We all know that every department in the company is overmaned (including aircrew) and that there are an excessive amount of managers. We are also aware that skippy has failed and should go - bring back Babs perhaps?

So Notso, please try and remain calm and hope for the best.