PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 10:19
whimsahoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all,

just a wee email, i got through to stage 3. As for those who didn't PLEASE dont give up, regardless of age. Im a 20 year old female and I am a newly qualified PPL. I have got down to the final stages of many schemes and been turned away financial, because im too young etc etc. And even this time may not be my big break. As for the age thing, my friend is 34 and leaving an incredibly well paid job to follow her dream and I would suggest that anyone else having the same doubts about their career should just seize the day and go for it. Ive learnt early that I want to live rather than just exist and waste my life. If you want it you will get there. Even if you have failed a medical theres ways around it i.e get an american license etc. I believe aviation is coming out of the recession now and they are predicting a pilot shortage in 2012 so if you got turned down get studying and you'll be ready for that I have been working for an airline for about 3 weeks just in a customer service role, I would suggest trying to get a job with any airline gives you great background and experience. I got to sit with a captain doing his flight plan! I can also tell you that the majority of the pilots are very...mature if you get me. So you wont have any age issues. Last week i heard of a man getting his first FO job at 50....the skies the limit literally. dont give up look into all the options if you want it bdly enough you'll find a way