PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 08:30
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fourgolds,

I presume you work for EK? If so, how on earth can you logically argue that we receive cheap fuel?????? On what percentage of flights do you tanker out of Dubai? Less than 1% I'm guessing, heck I even tanked INTO Dubai from TIP and KWI recently. Surely if we received cheap fuel, we would tanker OUT BOUND on 100% of flights.

Get it into your heads chaps, we DO NOT GET CHEAP FUEL!!!

I also presume that you think Price Waterhouse Coopers (the internationally renowned independent Auditors) are telling 'Porkies' when the scour our financial statements and declare that EK pays 'The industry average for landing fees/fuel/parking etc at its DXB Hub'? Surely you are not suggesting that PWC are taking 'Brown Envelopes' to just pretend its a viable report? Do you honestly think that PWC would risk their 170 year solid reputation as being one of the best, most trusted Auditing companies on the planet with an annual turnover of $26 BILLION?? That must have been a big 'kin envelope!!!

Cant you just accept the fact that possibly/maybe/perhaps there might be a percentage chance that EK are right???? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that it is a well run business making genuine profit? Surely it deserves the chance to compete into a market where a dinosaur of an Airline throws its toys out the pram every time its toes are trodden on and insists on government protectionism!

AC is just grabbing at straws and a lot of you Nufies are getting suckered right along with the BS.