PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Premium Economy LGW - Orlando - quality?
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 21:39
airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done LGW-LAS and LGW-MCO with PE on virgin. Now there is Virgin Heathrow, and then this completly different Virgin flying out of Gatwick.

Both times, I requested and got 80k/80h. This is on the upper deck, and the last 2 seats on the right hand side, so there is nobody to your left so its even more private than being on the main cabin. Plus you get off first. Thats where the good things about it end. The IFE is SH1T! The seats are old and tatty and just because you pay for PE, dont expect for any real extra service. Both times I got crew that just couldnt wait to get away for a few days to the sun. I asked for Jack Daniels, NONE Smirnoff, NONE. Eventually got Barcardi that was poured from a big bottle with a V-mix cola. I should have drank paint stripper instead! Overall I was very disappointed with the service, maybe its the leisure routes!

On the trip to LAS, I return from SFO to LHR and it was a different product altogether! The crew much better, the seats, the IFE, the whole package.

Overall, I would avoid VS out of LGW if you are looking for something special!