PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewing UK JAA Class 1 in Spain
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 19:56
7574ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renewing UK JAA Class 1 in Spain

Hi!

I have a UK issued JAA Class 1 and have always done my renewals in the UK. I am now living in Spain so I need to renew my medical here, and so I intended today! When I arrived at the doctor's office there were very surprised that I had a foreign medical and, after some deliberation, decided that they would not do my renewal until I called the DGAC and obtained permission from them

I was really confused as my licence is UK issued and this was just a standard renewal, and told them that the whole point of having a european licence is so people can do their stuff all across Europe but to no avail. Apparently they do not trust an officially issued original UK medical certificate but they'll be happy if the DGAC (who don't have any info on me really) say it's ok!!

So I'll have to call the DGAC and see what the heck they tell me about it, but all I know is I have wasted two hours of driving and I'm not sure I am going to be able to renew my medical in this country, so what's the point of JAA/EASA licences then??

Anybody can share similar experiences?? Anyone has done a JAA medical renewal in Spain and had similar problems?

Cheers!