PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 19:53
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is really responsible for it? This dispute would have been over months ago if everyone who voted for industrial action had gone on a strike and VCC and ex-temporary cabin crew minded their own business.
This is exactly my point. BASSA members have been voting for a strike while actually meaning 'I don't want to strike and wont strike, but I will vote for one anyway so that BASSA can force BA to do what we want them to.' This is quite clear from the previous ballots. It is a strategy that has quite clearly failed to yield the desired results, yet you (and by extension many others, as you seem to voice the views of your peers) still call for this exact strategy to be re-used, when you say

Instead of voting on this proposal, we should have balloted for industrial action and forced BA to negotiate seriously.
With all due respect you have to vote for a strike believing that you will strike and not just to give BASSA a mythical power to force BA to "negotiate seriously", it seems pretty obvious that BA have been negotiating seriously from the start, and that BASSA have failed to negotiate seriously at all.