PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 14:23
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some do, then the pack hunt starts if they post an opinion against the thread bias. Then they are reported and a thread ban is requested.
Any individual can request a thread ban, much as I can request to be a natural blonde. A request matters little if it is unreasonable.

I don't believe any reasonable individual can have too much objection to the moderation of this site. Many of us, myself included, have been sent to the corner at one time or another to rethink our approach. However, my observation is that great patience is taken by the moderators to apply an even hand and obvious effort is made to stay engaged with this forum so that SLF can continue to exchange ideas, information and observations. Without appropriate moderation I doubt the forum decorum would stay at a level that many of us would wish to continue to engage in.

Yes, it is unfortunate that we have to bring our own cocktails and sometimes I do wish they would serve some nice warm appetizers (and I'm not even going to bring up the rather hurtful dismissal of my suggested strike questions. While I will admit that after two VT's I will find some things amusing when in the morning I may go "What was I thinking?", but it still hurt and I'm seeking counseling to provide me with the ability to move on.)

All in all I think that rather than take this forum for granted we should rather be saying "Thank you" to the moderators from time to time.

If they ever tire of the extra time it takes to oversee this forum along with their other duties and simply close the thread I'm not aware of one other place I could go that would provide the sort of right-middle-left views, information and lively exchange that is received here.

So, Moderators..."Thank you"