PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC
Thread: French ATC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 14:20
CommandB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All countries have their problems mate but we are talking here specifically about the ATC.
UK atc, imho, is the best in europe. Everyone makes mistakes now and then but those guys always seem to be on top of things - have you heard london control at peak times...? In brest theyre confused when controlling 3 a/c. as one poster said "station calling" seems to be a well used phrase, amoungst many other gaffes. If I had an emergency id want london helping me out. simples.

What really gets me is - why do the french/spanish "work to rule" and pi$$ off the entire aviation community?? Surely the sensible thing to do would be to give us directs and help us out (as most/all other atc stations do) as then they would have the backing of the aviation community? Also their gripe is aimed at the governments so why are we bearing the brunt of it all? Its ok for them - as soon as their shift finishes they go home. Forget us all who have been stuck with a 3 hr slot outbound and 2 hr slot inbound, kids / wife / girlfriend / family back home, pax/crew complaining, running out of food and water, unhelpful ground staff, CB dodging enroute, out of hours for tomorrow so loss of earnings...etc etc. Everyones been there and knows the drill.
Not a good way to win support of the masses...