PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 13:44
aus111c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey all,
I stumbled upon pprune and this thread a few months ago and what a goldmine it has been. I am like many others here and am partway through the recruiting process for DEO pilot RAAF, with my assessment day being the 3rd of August. I can sympathise with others who have been through the medical appeal process, as it was 8 months between the YOU session and successfully appealing the class 4 medical.

Was just wondering if anyone had any insights for the assessment day apart from the dfr line of "there will be a medical, a phsychological interview, and an interview in front of a board.be prepared" have heard hints of an essay or writing task... ?

I have been studying up on the ins and outs of the raaf, force elements, wings, sqn's, a/c types & capabilities, leaders, ranks, bases, the training path, career progression, secondary duties, recent combat operations of ADF in general etc. also reading up on the notes given by dfr and preparing answers to expected questions "what if you fail pilots course what will you do?, what leadership qualities do you have/ examples. just trying to have all bases covered.