PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:58
echo three

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGNH19 - I agree with your opinion regarding giving bad news at the same time as the good news. There will be many applicants who won't have read this thread, all of whom will still be waiting for a call which clearly isn't going to come if it hasn't already. I learnt how to do chain mail when I was in year 7 at school; it's not hard and I hear there's this new fancy technology called email now too! How hard would it be to email all those who didn't get through? Any news is better than no news.

I've concluded that I now have a free weekend. What's bugging me though is how I completed stage 2 : I received my questionnaire on the Monday shortly after 9am but only saw the email on Wednesday evening and sent it off 1am Thursday morning. The email requested a reply within 3 days, which doesn't really define my deadline as either midnight Wednesday or 9am Thursday. I'm starting to think I spent the week waiting for a phone call that they were never going to make...

Best of luck with all those heading to Peterborough over the next few days. As a wannabee who's been riding out the economic wave for the last two years waiting for the tide to turn, I know just how good an offer like this is.

A lot of people on here are moaning about lack of finances upon completion. Fair enough repayments are as ugly as the course fee itself, but that's just a sign of the times if this is the route you want to take, you could always go modular. Offers like this are few and far between at the moment. Take the bitter for the sweet.