PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planning
Thread: Planning
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:58
MDHAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning

Hope you have a good flight.
I would suggest that you approach this flight exactly the same way as you will have done when you studied for your PPL.
If you do what you should have needed to do for your test then you will cover everything.
The only additional things id suggest are to make use of the Navaids (even if you have GPS), and dont forget to ring first (for both PPR and also to check they have fuel (im guessing you'll need this) also consider that this will be a fairly long flight that you may not be used to so may be worth planning an additional landing (you may need to for Fuel anyway) for a break.

But the usual weather, notams, fuel etc are the important things.

Make sure you check the current chart properly to avoid airspace etc (espacially the class A airspaces I find some of the heights can easily be missed when first looking at the chart)

Think through your route and write down the radio frequencies you'll need and in order of use. This will help reduce work load a little.

You may also wish to take additional oil etc. with you.

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited by MDHAC; 22nd Jul 2010 at 13:01. Reason: appears that whilst I was writing my response someone beat me to it (with better advice aswell)