PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will airlines start preparing safety cases?
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 11:14
Gentleman Jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Gentlemen' Jim
Shell misManagement, it is awfully rude to play with names to gain a particular effect is it not?

‘safety is embedded’. Do you not mean ‘unconscious’?
I believe that is a misquote, and no I wrote 'embedded' and mean 'embedded.

You quote a number of incidents and yet with 17 Million air movements a year you would have us believe we have a major problem. We had a major problem a long time ago and we addressed it. The major problem was made worse by self righteous attitudes and a belief that 'my way is the only possible correct way of doing something', a little bit akin to the attitudes and beliefs you display in your posts SM. As you do not appear to have addressed anything I actually said in my post then the 'reams and reams' fell on deaf ears, but that is clearly only to be expected.

Please be happy and content with your zealous support of the Shell Safety System but it is very fallible believe me, and as for this

Shell Alaska’s VP, told the BBC: "The Gulf of Mexico may have been a wake-up call for some, but not for Shell."
That is not only one of the most crass bits of commercial point scoring but also indicates an over-confident and therefore dangerous approach to the whole issue of safety.

I could go on, but you won't read it, answer it or consider it, another major trait in those whose safety systems ultimately fail, often with tragic results.

The author of the article you linked to may well have won awards, and I am happy for him, but the awards were certainly not for the accuracy of his scaremongering predictions were they.

So, back to Shell La La land, and when you have your next major incident perhaps you can come on here and explain why your 'safety case' failed.