PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 11:01
Winco Wobble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitter2 - your posts suggest a bias, based presumably on your relationship with the CEO. Frankly I don't care whether it's the Isle of Wight gliding championship, the facts remain the same; the LAA is a SMALL outfit, turning over just over £1m a year. It has an efficient office manager and a fairly autonomously run Engineering Department which is the heart of the LAA as far as pilot owners/builders are concerned. A fair argument would be "Does the LAA actually NEED a CEO?".

Historically, the PFA had a General Manager, controlled by the Executive Committee. When the last one was fired, Graham Newby was taken on as CEO, but on a low salary (for a CEO) and with little spending powers without approval. That changed of course and Graham (whilst being contentious) did a great deal of good, particularly with regard to the NPPL. Two years down the road in our current incumbent's reign and just WHAT can we attribute to him apart from a bunch of risk averse actions which have devalued our organisation? I'd like to know!

As for asking at the AGM, yes, I think you can be sure a number of very pointed questions will be asked!