PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 10:14
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell you that if this post was made on the LAA website it would have been censored by now!
Actually if you have a legitimate reason to question some policy within the LAA, and you're not using rude language or anything, I can't see how they could censor it without getting in some very muddy water.

And if they would censor it, that's something I would definitely bring up at the earliest all-member meeting. In fact, there should be a procedure for calling an all-member meeting if you have X members' signatures, without needing the approval or help from the board of directors.

On the other hand - A typical CEO of a typical company is paid a fixed amount per year (plus possibly a bonus) to get a job done. He's not on the clock where his yearly job is automatically and magically done after spending 47 weeks of 40 hours (mo-fr 9-5). In that respect the whole concept of "vacation days" becomes a bit blurred and in fact I know a few companies who stopped using that concept altogether for their upper management. The company simply does not care how many (or few) vacation days you take, as long as the job is being done. And that has never stopped these execs from being away from the company for three weeks - as long as they make sure that arrangements are in place to let the business continue. (Being reachable by e-mail/SMS/phone for urgent matters could be one of those arrangements.)

Quick question: How often does this CEO work evenings and weekends, attending seminars, presentations, meetings, trade shows and whatnot, in his function as CEO of the LAA?