PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 09:35
Winco Wobble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A & C (isn't that anonymous too?) - I'm definitely a man, but as one involved with LAA stuff I have very valid reason to keep under the radar.

This post was intended to raise awareness of a situation that I and almost anyone else aware of it find unacceptable. As for suggesting our CEO had built up a successful business but had given it up for this flying oriented job, evidence doesn't suggest this is entirely true. Not the issue here really.

We have a senior officer of a small company, who feels it's fine to bugger off for three weeks on full pay to take part in the gliding championships. Gliding does not come in the LAA remit, it's his HOBBY! He fails to respond to inquiries or emails as naturally his attention is totally focussed on his gliding - you can't run a business from your hotel room in an evening!

He should at least accept unpaid leave, or indeed take his paid leave to indulge in his hobby. The LAA is a business of around ten staff members who all have to pull their weight, not some corporate conglomerate.

I think it's time we as members were shown plainly what our CEO actually does, and that some measure of his performance now he's been in the saddle for two years or so be put in place.

I can tell you that if this post was made on the LAA website it would have been censored by now!