PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 09:07
bycrewlgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect guys and girls, do you really think that positive or negative attitudes will really have an impact on CWLs route development and Wales' air network?

The only thing that will change this is for people to start using the services that there are there already. Bums on seats will change this.

People could petition the airport by saying that they refuse to use BRS / BHX / LON airports saying that they want services from CWL. But it is still the AIRLINES that will have the impact on Wales' Air Network.

The most realistic thing that the Welsh public can do is fully utilise BE's current services to the max now with the hope that BE will see the potential for a base when the new aircraft arrive.

Also EK have added CWL to their booking system with connections via NCL / GLA / CDG together with the AF connections with BE through CDG.

Maybe if people use these connections EK may see the potential and operate a direct DXB route.

I am not familiar with what CWL is currently doing to attract airlines to CWL but it is common knowledge that the airport fees are relatively high. Has CWL considered lowering these fees dramatically in order to attract airlines?

Wouldn't offering VS, for example, free landing and parking for a season to operate a weekly MCO and then to re-evaluate should they wish to carry on be an option? The same could be done with TS for flights to YYZ / YVR again.

Nobody wants CWL to develop more than I but I fear that we have missed the boat on major expansion that has been seen at other airports.