PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 08:27
Chugalug2

Received 227 Likes on 70 Posts
flip, SFFP, you are both right of course and I thank you for your concern, but there is a wider audience out there, never posting but nonetheless following this thread. Some of them may well be vital to this campaign but do not necessarily understand the tactics being employed by the likes of JP and caz. That is why I feel it important to disclose them. I must admit though that MOD apologists employing the AAIB inspectors as allies to their cause takes some gall, but that seems to be in never ending supply.
Dervish, you are right to focus on the Super Tans switch which Mr Cable of course felt must have been in the Off position before the crash from the soot patterns (classic professional accident investigator observation). Two questions follow at least I would suggest:
1. Was the Super TANS itself Off therefore or merely the display?
2. Why would the switch have been selected Off?
We have heard of the immaturity of this aircraft, particularly in this regard to its Nav fit. Was it SOP to simply not use the TANS because of radio interference, or merely to select Off if such interference occurred? Yet another example of how this BoI failed in its work that such questions should be asked 16 years later, and how such questions could still be asked by a proper Accident Investigation by the AAIB!