PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 23:30
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about to book our annual trip to Hong Kong. I've been there five times now and flown with BA three times, Qantas once and Cathay once (last year). As a BA silver card holder ordinarily BA would be my default choice. But here's the text of the email I just sent to my wife's family:

OK let's go for a departure on xx/yy/zz then, means the three of us can travel together, hopefully you can come too XXXXX.

I have a BA silver card too but I've more or less given up on them due to their service with a scowl / strikes / their air miles aren't worth much. So I'd prefer to go on Cathay unless it's wildly more expensive. (Cathay also do daytime flights on the way back which is less tiring and you get an extra night in HK)
Striking cabin crew: all over Britain, and BA's destinations worldwide, people are sending similar emails and avoiding booking with your airline, threatening its future and with it your jobs and those of thousands of your colleagues.

Regardless of what your union says, this is the reality. Do you care ?

In 20 years will you proudly be telling your children that you helped destroy an airline ?

13Alpha