PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 23:26
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Devil

I would like to thank slast VERY much indeed for the historical background. Another poster made reference to the importance of looking forward, and one must, but if you do not know the past, then you cannot improve on it.

It all makes sense of course, we know that the Captain was treated as was the Captain of an ocean liner with an absolute authority that was almost unassailable. That lesson was learnt and now it's called CRM.

It strikes me that, one of the reasons the management of CC got so slack is that, it was CC promoted to manage CC and the inevitable favouritism. Of course, there was then the income to be able to overlook the problems. Now the problems have outgrown all proportion and have to be fixed.

As I have said before, it's not nice and some people will lose out but, if realistic discussion had taken place from the outset? It could have been phased in. But human beings are hard wired to grab everything NOW and let go NEVER. Well, 'never' is just turning off the active and about to taxi up to the gate ...