PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 23:15
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs.

Some do, then the pack hunt starts if they post an opinion against the thread bias. Then they are reported and a thread ban is requested.
That is a bit disingenuous Litebulbs and, from what an outsider can gather, not the least bit like the BASSA and Crew Forums which apparently ban with ferocious speed and regularity.

To be honest, it has taken me a long time to get the hang of moderation on this forum - so different from my 'home' forum - but I have to say FlapsForty in particular has done and is doing a bang up job in a hostile environment. I don't think Watersidewonker, Fume Event, Ava (the Brit in Saffa) have been banned, even though some of their posts have been vanished. Some of mine have. They could, if they chose and were all different people, still come back to offer their point of view. But they don't.

The problem is and always has been, all the way through the whole eighteen months of forumeering, those like the above do not care to refute arguments put to them by those on this forum. When confronted by verifiable evidence counter to their party line, the reaction is almost always silence or a snappy, but pointless or even incomprehensible one liner. I think I can say with reasonable confidence, I have never seen a carefully constructed, incontestably argued (and properly spelled ) outline of the BASSA case and its reasons for reacting so violently to a situation common to all BA employees.

Over the span of this matter, I have noticed how the tenor has changed in response to BASSA actions and proclamations. First, a genuine desire to correct the naff thinking and baseless spin. Then astonishment and confusion at the onset of strikes, followed shortly by growing irritation with BASSA's attitude and now, outright anger at BASSA's very real threat to thirty odd thousand non CC BA staff. And still the cabin crew militants appear to be completely incapable of understanding how others feel about them and the extent of the folly to which they have been led.

ROger.

Last edited by Landroger; 21st Jul 2010 at 23:18. Reason: Replaced with a better word.