PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 21:58
JackMcHammocklashing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish some CC and especially BASSA strike staff would visit here

Yes pay us a visit just to get a heads up, of what is out here in the real world

There are almost 3 Million unemployed

Companies can pick and choose like never before

If you wear the leppers badge ex BA CREW, not much chance, other airlines would not touch you with a barge pole (not that you would wish to work for poorer conditions off course)

So what does it leave

Well you can not take the desperate for cash to pay the mortgage route of crop picking as employers prefer the hard working willing to accept min wage immigrant workers

So that is out

Even bar work, employers would take ex barstaff as already aquainted with the life rather than new staff to the trade

OK desperation go to CONTACT CENTRE AS PHONE ADVISOR Sorry no

Although you just have to answer the phone and read scripts from a screen
there are so many out of work UNI GRADS 2.1 Who prefer it to shift work flipping burgers, that the usual pick of office staff are bottom of the heap

Ah HOSPITALITY manager, sorry there are dozens already looking for employment, the employer will take the ex Cruise Director to the CCD
From an airline (err lets make a decission here both inteligent but one manages twelve crew the other 2000 damn its hard)

Menial jobs, they will not take get up and go inteligent types because
Well they will get up and go (If they find something else BIG IF)

We all want the best in life, and to defend it, but in the present climes
CC you need to take a long hard look, and be thankful for what you have or even a reduction in it

"For exercise" "For exercise" "For exercise"
Next time you are off, Just pop into a JOB CENTRE and peruse what is on offer,, that is if you can stand the smell, the crush, and the desperate for work
HEY you will go back to BA and offer to work for free food only

The big benefits, live good for nothing, is only for people that have NEVER Worked
The ex worker has to suffer Two years of hardship and be down to NOTHING (including the loss of the home) before any reasonable help will appear

I am an erk in an office, now my peers are all UNI 2.1 GRADS, since 2008
It used to be two bit secretarys

I do not know WHY I posted this heads up because I much prefer the flights on strike days, and the airline would be better off without the militants

I posted it because I do not wish to see my fellow man in destitution

Jack McH