PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CityJet Cadet Scheme 2010
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 20:42
dusty crop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cityjet..ireland..w.w.w

Thanks guys but.....
I have no intention of gambling 90 k and giving up work etc for a year.
I have read a lot of the postings on here from the periphery for the last two years..i think www has done incredible work telling things as they are...he has saved quite a few wannabes from spending a fortune...
he lost the plot for a while when he started a new thread about things picking up though!!!!........ my god! things picking up in ireland..what a joke...all the senior economists say it will be maybe 2018 before we have a return to growth...read david macwilliams article in todays independant...
the taxpayer has to put in 20 billion (maybe 30) into a small bank called anglo irish....imagine that....the government has to cut 3 billion in the next budget....all this will have a knock on efffect to the economy...
if anyone thinks this will not affect air travel....they are deluded.
Padraig o ceideigh of aer arann was on tv on saturday night and he said that things were "very tough"..
Cityjet are advertising now for candidates for the mentored scheme...i cannot understand why they would do this with people in a hold pool for 2 years...if a am wrong i am sure someone will correct me....i have a friend in the aer arann pool for a long time as well.
A suggestion to the senior moderators and experienced pilots on here from a humble wannabe....take an online poll of all the qualified pilots with less than 300 hours and ask how many of them are working?? and ask those "lurking" on the outside to register and vote....perhaps its been done before?? apologies if so.
A wannabe came to my house a few months ago looking for atpl folders..i sent him off to read www s posts here...he had been in oxford the week before at an open day... he soon changed his mind.
Anybody spending 90 k now on a career should inform themselves before making life changing decisions....some of us on here missed the boat because we were not qualified during the boom times....so be it...recriminations and regrets are never healthy.
I will continue with the modular...i dont believe age is a factor for anyone now and it is also against the law to be agest...modular and integrated all do the same exams...
So.. Well done to pprune and w.w.w for making wannabes keep an open mind...even though some of the posters here are over the top!!
There are lots of good guys out there willing to share knowledge and help others...pincipally eoin o malley who did a blog on his training with ptc..im sure he will get there in the end...
sorry to go off thread a little but it was nt that far off!
Best of luck to all..
cheers..