PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tempting China contract
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 20:09
ratherbehunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No agency for me and I only have 5 type ratings (including the A320) and only about 15000 hours, but hey believe me when I say I don't trust half of what these agencies do or say, but in the end it comes down to who you are working for - the company's ethics and whether they have the capital, resources and honesty to live up to the contract they have signed.

US and European companies violate established union contracts all the time, we file grievances that usually go nowhere and the fact is that pilot wages and benefits have been on a general downward spiral and the only thing that fixes that is supply and demand. I for one am happy to see decent contracts for pilots in China, and I hope that gets the Koreans, Indians and Japanese to smarten up and fix their contracts.

In the US and Europe, maybe age 65 finally kicks into full gear, and since the low end of the supply line is/has been squeezed, perhaps all wages start to increase somewhat across the board, and once again, captains can afford trophy wifes and waterfront property that has become the sole domain of doctors and lawyers in recent years.