PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 17:03
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Firstly thank you for your messages and posts of support, I know that after reading some of my previous posts they have either been repetitive or have at best not been related directly towards actively searching for a flying job. However have been more about my experience in teaching. For this I would like to apologise. I will try my best to stay focused and ensure that I only post when I need to.

Secondly I have only 3 weeks left in Algeria before my contract here come to an end. I was hoping to build useful contacts in this region of the world however it seems to be a hard market to break into. I have made some contacts but nothing that will help me find a job in North Africa.

I am planning to use some of the money I will save to renew my IR/ME and the rest I’m unsure of. I have thought that I could use the remaining money on going to a new destination and pitching up my tent somewhere else in the world. I would like to go back to Maun however I will only be allowed to stay in Botswana for 3 weeks as you are only allowed a maximum stay of 90 days in 365. I have thought that I may try a new continent for example hit over to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. I have done a very rough calculation and worked out that it would be cheaper to stay out of the UK then within. However it’s just an idea at the moment and really don’t want to go back to searching for jobs from my bedroom and being under the feet of my family.

I have not entirely given up on North Africa, however my chances look slim as even though these countries are great they have a great influence by the unions and do not wish to see foreign people taking their jobs which is understandable. Also my costs to survive in this region would dramatically increase as there is not a culture of camping and I cannot afford hotels or B&B’s.

I am forever hopeful of things improving and watching the new aircraft orders take place at Farnborough looks to be some positive news. I am in this for the long run and will do all things in my power to secure a job either in engineering, flying, operations or anything else.

Guys stay positive, try hard and don’t let yourself down. Where there is a will there is a way!! I’m just trying to find the way! If anyone has any ideas on where I should pitch my tent next please let me know or if you have any leads or contacts that I could follow up on please PM me.

As always this is your thread and you make this what it is, voice your thoughts share your opinions, tell me I am wasting my time or even guide me in the right direction. Anything it’s not all about me it’s about your experiences too.

Take care, stay in touch and stay safe!!

Kash360.

Last edited by Kash360; 21st Jul 2010 at 19:22.