PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Handles who 2010
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 16:18
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue-Shamrock 89, if staff are happy with their current contract then they wont have any need to swap, despite no sick pay and flat rate O/T, sometimes the hourly rate is significantly higher and so is the bonus system, which they do have at LHR... it can balance out, however sick pay is a big keeper... after all sometimes staff stand outside in -10*C or colder, its normal for sickness to kick in... isnt fair to be "punished/denied wages" if you are genuinely sick

They wont discriminate against TUPE staff, however they might start to frown if staff members are constantly off on the sick... but doesnt seem to be a major problem...

groundagent, as far as i can remember you are correct, but dont hold me to that...however i know no one who was TUPE at LHR. I know there are TUPE staff working for Menzies at BFS who came from Aviance when Menzies was awarded the EZY contract approx 4-6 years ago now i think... theres only a small percentage who kept their Aviance contract, most opted for a Menzies one.