PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 11:39
dervish

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I am sure your assertion that the cause of the crash was not investigated by the AAIB would raise the eyebrows of Mr Cable, Mr Parkinson and Mr Smart who all gave evidence to the HOL Committee in respect of the AAIB's role in the Accident Investigation.

That's not the way I read Chugalug's post. My understanding is that the AAIB were on the periphery in that relevant information was withheld from them. Also, having read some but admittedly not all of the thread, it seems some of the AAIB's conclusions were ignored and others were twisted to suit MoD's theory. I think someone mentioned the toggle switch on the Tans that AAIB said was off, which is probably quite important as MoD's case is built on their assertion that the Tans and the rest of the nav was in perfect working order and displaying information correctly.

I think one of the points being made was that the AAIB, or at least Mr Cable, would probably welcome the opportunity to give further evidence to any new review now they now more of the facts.

Sorry Chugalug if this has stepped on your toes.