PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Man Ultra Long Range
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 10:15
Flap10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the ULR Ops paragraph considers time-zones. Normal Ops does not mention time-zones - they are not considered - so you can't say that you can't cross 6 time zones 2-man
Exactly my point! So you actually do believe that it is legal and possible to fly two crew FRA/PEK/HKG??? Nice!!!!!!! That's very logical Adam!!! Two flights with same departure and destination, one crewed with three pilots considered ULR OPS, and another crewed with two pilots considered Normal OPS. Yup that makes a lot of sense!!!! I am glad to see that we are using a logical and commen sense approach in determining the actual intent of the AFTL. Amazes me how you seem to be defending one pattern at the expense of everything else.

(remember my 89.9 North example - where do you draw the line (of latitude) on that ?).
As I've said before it was already drawn at 22 deg North. (Hong Kong)!!!!! Granted these AFTLs are old now, but they were drafted with the base of operation being Hong Kong, NOT Chicago or Amsterdam!

I've said as much as I can say about this subject. If you believe that we were always legal to fly two crew beyond six time zones, then the entire AFTL is flawed as nothing correlates and makes logical sense. Even the Commander Discretion (a legal document) is flawed then.

Well it is your licence on the line. Should the day come and you have to defend your actions for flying two crew half way around the world, you better have a better defence then what you have already presented.

Good Luck, I've already ordered a pie with your name on it from Mrs Miggins!