PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jet airways
Thread: jet airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 08:18
soaring.high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Its Broken Again,

I know of 2 Pilots (ex flight students of mine) who have applied for Jet FO positions, they didnt wait for a advertisment, they got off their asses and just sent in applications. I asked how did they know there was jobs, they said there is no ads they just applied and got a response from Jet out of the blue so to say.
Sir if that is the case then I have gotten off my ass atleast 50 times and have applied to Jet air.(without an advetisement !!)and probably that is the reason why my rear is quite firm...lol !! But havent been lucky even once.I might be wrong but I think its a mere co-incidence that your ex-students applied w/o an advertisement and got a call to take part in the selection process.Jet air has never responded to my mails or applications as yet.Anyway I hope that your ex-students put on a good show at the selection process.

@Shanx
I feel for you. But .. here's one of the first few things I learnt about this industry (pertaining to aspirants/wannabes).
Thank you very much for your kind words mate !!
I guess there's no point in being a good samaritan when you're unemployed after spending Rs 25 Lakhs.
You are right.Every thing is fare in love,war & Indian Aviation !! I still do hope that some of us w/o jugaad or political connections clear the selection process(Talking about those who have been called for the exams w/o jugaad !!) and be onboard of a shiny jet (Cant be me for sure lol...)

To all,
So all the guys who have been called for the written exam hold a type rating?(B-737NG or ATR 72).As per the advertisement its a pre requisit that you hold a TR.Just curious.