PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 07:25
johnoWhiskyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theory

Regarding the very high numbers of none voters for the very important consultative ballot on the offer.

If i was a BASSA member who did not believe in the stance being taken, it is concievable that I may have signed the individual offer sent to my from BA (stating i was not a union member) And when the ballot papers arrived simply threw them away, allowing me to hand on heart say i did not vote (true) because i had resigned form the union <pick a date>.

When questioned regarding continued payments to the union i would look astonished and outraged." I never noticed, im gonna ring them immediately and put a flea in their ear". If questioned regarding the apparent lack of communication indicating a desire to remove myself from the union. I would firmly explain the phone call, email, letter of such and such date was sufficient and if they couldn't find it or didn't act on it, well, it sort of reinforces my reasons for leaving such a shambolic union. Of course if not questioned I would find it prudent to "discover my continued membership" and inform the union toot sweet .

Now who would BA believe? the person wanting to sign a new contract and work for them or the rabble intent on damaging the company?
Oh and I would be joining PCCC if for nothing else to be kept upto date on whats happening.