PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonanza vs 206 vs 210
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 07:20
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C206 would have the be the most popular as mentioned so far. The C210 not a good short fielder & the rear punters almost need to be legless (drunk would help too)Small wheels & mud makes for a mess with the retract U/C.Something to consider when hauling the mail out of marginal ruff strips:-) Good idea to stay away from any retract plane over those distances.
Ideally C185 for all round usefulness but that's not been mentioned. The A36 although a good machine I reckon would be the last choice. As mentioned expensive to keep in top order & more a 'roller' of a plane than a work horse. Just look around at what types are reg used for the mission you mention, mostly the C206/210 & in the latter years the van not many A36's doing bush Top End work for Co's. I don't know what everyone sees in the A36 anyway, awkward to get in & out of for the driver/s. Ugly control set up but I guess it's personal choice there.The only good thing about the Bo is it's a Beech:-)

'WD' the PA32 although another good plane I think isn't suited either, again another airframe that's not used for top end bush bashing by the Nthern operators. The "T" tail loves the ground on a hot day.........real curvature of the earth stuff in that machine

Wmk2 ................misses the outback type flying in VMC