PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2010, 03:56
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small world!

and I may well have soiled myself.
Oh dear, I laughed so hard at your story, I spilled my coke all over my desk!

Well...I'll be buggered if I could pick that strip as Narran!
When I was last there, the timber hadn't been pulled and the mulga was quite thick and high alongside the strip.
Yep! I have been at Chris to clean it up since I started throwing PA31/PA60's at it!

He has cleared the sides and extended the clearway out to the west, which is good. For a while there, the trees were trying to take it back, (southern side, western end) but he cut them back again last year.

but he cut them back again last year.

That one above was like you described. When ever it rains, there is always standing water down that end. When I went there that year, the trees were regrouping for a final assualt to take back the runway and there was a huge amount of standing water, so I had to land off centreline before the puddle (pool?!) then once it was down, lift the right leg back off to clear the puddle, regain centreline and stop... Here are some results...

this type of soil is totally bottomless after you break through the top crust.
Yes... not an aviation photo, but this will give you an idea...

I have some videos that I am making youtube friendly of takeoff from last January this year if you want me to post them.

I have some night landing stories from there too, but I am not sure how much I want to incriminate my self!!!